Policy Seminar Series 2021
Join us on June 8th for ‘Within Reach’ a webinar focusing on delivering health services to unsheltered New Yorkers.
Join us for a discussion about the integration of health services with street outreach targeting unsheltered New Yorkers. We will also explore some of the challenges to effective integration and discuss opportunities to overcome those challenges.
Tuesday, June 8th 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Delivering Health Services to
Unsheltered New Yorkers
There is a high rate of chronic and acute physical health conditions among unsheltered New Yorkers. These conditions are exacerbated by their limited access to care. So, there is urgent need for innovative ways to connect them with comprehensive medical services. Our expert panelists will discuss cross-sector efforts that have led to successful interventions. They will also discuss the impact that COVID-19 has had on these programs.
- Scott Auwarter, Assistant Executive Director, BronxWorks
- Casey Burke, Program Director, Breaking Ground
- Douglas Wykle, Care For the Homeless Consumer
- Dr. Van Yu, Chief Medical Officer, Janian Medical Care, Center for Urban Community Services
- Dr. Andrea Littleton, Medical Director at BronxWorks and Physician at Care For the Homeless
Please stay for a Q&A session after the panel’s discussion.
The Care For the Homeless Policy Seminar Series features collaborative discussions with policy makers, academics, advocates, service providers, journalists and people with the lived experience of homelessness. Together, they address issues of poverty, health care, human rights, equity, housing and much more.